About Dianna Durkin Dance Studio
Dance Better. Live Better.
The Dianna Durkin Dance Studio (DDDS), located in the City of Green, has been teaching dance since 1960. All classes are taught by qualified dance professionals who use a non-competitive approach to dance, while making classes fun and interesting for dancers of all ages.
Our goals are to teach our students:
1. How to develop movement skills, musicality, and creativity
2. To become a responsive listener
3. The foundation of dance; to develop an appreciation for the art form
4. Dance improves their health, well being, and learning ability
5. To develop a positive relationship with their bodies
6. To show respect to their teachers and fellow students
7. Working together can help them feel more connected to others; create & share in the community
We have 3 Studio teaching rooms, A, B & C. Studio A & B have floating wood floors, and observation windows for parents and friends. Studio C has floating Marley floors & a monitor in lobby for viewing the class
Our Annual Dance Recital is May 31st at the Canton Palace Theater
Our Advanced level students participate in 1-2 dance competitions a year, as a fun and exciting learning experience. It is up to the individual teacher of each class to determine when the students are ready to attend competitions. We also perform at many events in the community.